The Ocean Signal rescueME PLB1 Personal Locator Beacon
Wherever you are, at sea, on land, the rescueME PLB1 provides the reassurance that global emergency services can be alerted by the press of a button.
The rescueMe PLB1 can be operated with a single hand in even the most challenging situations. A simple spring loaded flap covers the activation button preventing inadvertent use.
OS-rescueME-PLB-tech-image-01rescueME PLB1 works with the only officially recognised worldwide dedicated search and rescue satellite network (operated by Cospas Sarsat). As this is funded by governments there are NO CHARGES to use this service.
When activated the rescueME PLB1 transmits your position and your ID to a Rescue Coordination Center via satellite link. Rescue services nearest to your are promptly notified of your emergency and regularly advised of your current location to assist prompt rescue.
The rescueME PLB1 is provided with a flotation pouch to fit the PLB into to enable it to float. Please note that the PLB will not float in an operating position in the pouch. Please ensure the PLB is firmly attached to the pouch with the provided lanyard, using suitable self locking knots.
- Waterproof to 15m
- No subscription
- Link via satellite to Emergency Services
- High intensity (1 candela) strobe
- Fast accurate positioning
- Easily deployed antenna
- 7 year battery life
- 30 percent smaller
- Flotation pouch
- Homing Beacon to aid ﬁnal location by search and Rescue craft
- 30% smaller (typ) by volume
- Easily fits in lifejacket
- Retractable Antenna
- 7 Year Battery Life
- 7 year warranty
- 24+ hour operational life
- High brightness strobe light >1candela
- 66 channel GPS receiver
- Unique mounting clip
- Operates on the global Cospas Sarsat rescue system
- Free to use, no subscription charges
- Supplied with free flotation pouch