Hawk Marine Products 75mm Slot Stip £4.45
Hawk Slot Strip - 75mm wide
Priced Per Meter. If you need 2m, please order 2.
1. Firstly remove all traces of the old gasket and associated glue. This is best achieved using a
sharp 1” chisel.
2. Place masking tape or similar around the centreboard slot to ensure there is no glue spillage
on the hull of your boat.
3. Ensure the surface of the hull that is to be glued is dry and free from dust.
4. Lay the slot strip in place and draw the shape required to fill the centreboard recess.
Shinny side to the outside.
5. Cut out the shape on the Slotstrip and ensure it is a good fit.
6. Mark the slot down the middle of the Slotstrip. It needs to be about 25mm longer than
required at both ends.
7. Cut the slot in the Slotstrip with a sharp knife.
8. Lay the Slotstrip upside down on a board and pin it down at each end with drawing pins.
9. Apply a coat of contact adhesive to the boat and to the slot strip making sure the corners
and edges are well coated.
10. Wait til both surfaces are touch dry. Un-pin the Slotstrip and attach one end to the boat.
11. Apply plenty of pressure and work slowly to the other end and push the Slotstrip firmly into place.
12. When you are happy it is properly in place, go over it with a small roller ensuring there
is good contact over the whole area.
13. Apply tape to the edges to ensure it stays down firmly while it dries.
14. Leave for 12 hours to cure before removing the tape.
Seen a lower price elsewhere? Bosun Bobs will do our best to match any price request, simply click below