Coelan Boat Coating Transparent Gloss Finish
For wood, metal and plastics. A product with great advantages compared to conventional paint systems.
- Absolutely UV and light resistant; tested and in use on ships on e.g. the Mediterranean Sea.
- Highly elastic, but very wear-resistant and strong.
- Does very well on swords, stairs, benches, decks and masts.
- Covers cracks and weathered polyester well off.
- "Breathable": Does not seal off the wood. Coelan is vapour permeable.
- Easy to handle because of one component system. Moisture in the air ensures working life.
- Can be processed all above 5°C. Coelan is on polyurethane base.
- Extra anti-slip easy to apply.
- VERY LONG LIFETIME
Preperation of Coelan Processing.
1. Conditions for perfect adhesion is: a clean, dry and fat-free surface. Please note: do NOT degrease with thinner etc.
2. Bare wood, dry sanding with 80 grit sandpaper.
3. Well, adhesive, paint and coatings can also with existing Coelan be evaluated: Dry sanding with 80 grit sandpaper (no primer needed). Surface should be undamaged.
4. Coelan may only be processed above the waterline.
1. Coelan has two types of primer: transparent (light yellow) and coloured (red colored). This red pigmented primer is specially to mahogany and other light-sensitive types of wood to protect against discoloration.
2. One or two times (depending on the wood absorption) primer.
1. In a number of layers to approximately 1 mm thick coating. For horizontal work: ± 5 thick layers. For vertical dilute ± 25%): ± (work 7-8 layers. Caution: only use COELAN thinner.
Consumption approximately: 1000 ml / sq. m. or 33.8 fluid ounces / 10.78 sq. ft